I warned you that many more pumpkin recipes were on the way…sorry, I’m not sorry?
I am not following a completely gluten-free diet but I love to experiment with new recipes. These cookies are light, moist and exhibit the perfect pumpkin flavor. The funny thing is I actually forgot the baking soda in the recipe, but they managed to come out great and the soda is not missed. Soooo I am going to leave out the baking soda in the recipe because I honestly really love them.
Yields: About 15 cookies
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Cream together sugar, applesauce, pumpkin and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together almond meal, baking powder, salt and spice. Add dry mix to the wet pumpkin mix. Mixture should be wet.
- Drop tbsp size balls on sheet pan and bake for 15-18 minutes or until browned.