As many of you will be traveling during the holidays (including myself), I wanted to show you What’s in My Travel Bag whenever I am flying/on the road that I can not be without!
Don’t we just love traveling during the holidays? Endless traffic, unpredictable weather, hectic airports with probable delays…all the more reason to be prepared and stock your bag or purse with some essentials to keep it healthy and as germ-free as possible. I will have all of these when I make my way back to NY this week.
1. Larabar – I always make sure to have a nutritious bar on hand for a snack. These have easily become one of my favorite brands out there, made with whole foods and as little as three ingredients! Ingredients in peanut butter cookie: dates, peanuts, sea salt.
2. Ginger Chews – I am a ginger freak, seriously, I could put it in everything. Ginger is great for nausea and gives your immune system a little boost when feeling under the weather. You will never find me traveling without these! I also love chewing on one after a meal because it helps cleanse the palate.
3. Alcohol Swabs – Not just for scrapes or cuts, but these are awesome phone cleaners! Our iphones are a huge germ collector and can contribute towards continuous sickness. Just imagine all of the places our phones have been or even worse, your fingers! Yikes.
4. Hand Sanitizer – If you’re a germaphobe like myself, you never travel anywhere without some hand sani! Airplanes especially gross me out. Always a good idea to apply some before you eat if you aren’t able to wash your hands.
5. Banana – You might think I’m a weirdo for keeping a banana in my purse, but only when i have early morning flights and will be eating breakfast on the go. It’s one of my daily habits to eat one with breakfast so I’d rather pack one than spend over $1 for one single banana at the airport – no thanks! Or I usually bring some other form of fresh fruit.
6. Cough Drops – I always have Ricola cough drops on hand. I tend to get dry mouth really easily so these are great for when I need some temporary relief.
7. Hand Lotion – Nothing is worse than having dry hands after washing them! Since my skin tends to get really dry, I always have to put on lotion after washing. Hate those cracks on your fingers from over washing or cold weather. Gold Bond is my favorite brand for travel size.
Wishing you safe travels for those who will be needing it!